The codes of practice attempt to minimize public risk by specifying technical standards of design, materials, workmanship and maintenance for various systems. Read here: http://epubs.iapmo.org/2021/UPC/
The main aims of the Uniform codes are:
- To ensure that planners, administrators and plumbers develop the required competency to ensure that the codes are applied and upheld;
- That standards are set to ensure that plumbing assemblies, materials and technologies are safe and effective;
- To ensure that plumbing installations meet these standards;
- To ensure safety and effectiveness continuously through the proper maintenance of these installations.
The 2021 edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC©) represents the most current approaches in the plumbing field. It is the sixth edition developed under the ANSI Consensus process is designated as an American National Standards by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Contributions to the content of this code were made by every segment of the built industry, including such diverse interests as consumers, enforcing authorities, installers/maintainers, labor, manufacturers, research/standards/ testing laboratories, special experts and users.
The UPC is designed to provide consumers with safe and sanitary plumbing systems while, at the same time, allowing latitude for innovation and new technologies. Key changes to the 2018 UPC include:
- New product standards for plumbing fixtures such as wall hung fixtures, waste fittings, lavatories, showers, bathtubs and whirlpool bathtubs, flushometer valves, sinks and eyewash stations; and signage for single use toilet facilities (Chapter 4)
- New peak water demand method and calculator for estimating demand loads for water supply of single- and multi-family dwellings with water conserving plumbing fixtures, fixture fittings, and appliances (Appendix M)
- New Appendix N – Impact of Water Temperature on the Potential for Scalding and Legionella Growth
Purchase your copy: https://iapmomembership.org/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_iapmo.tpl&product_id=1501&category_id=92&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3&redirected=1&Itemid=3
Offered Free by: IAPMO
See All Resources from: IAPMO